If you have visited “The Happiest Place on Earth,” chances are you have experienced the Dole Whip — a simple yet utterly amazing frozen pineapple dessert that is cool, creamy and addicting.
But you don’t have to visit Disney to get your fill. Using canned pineapple and a few simple ingredients, you can easily make your very own homemade version.
This version is only for us big kids, though, since I’ve added rum to the pineapple mixture. Enjoy this frozen treat when lounging by your pool or just to cool down when relaxing on a warm summer evening.
Homemade boozy Dole Whip recipe
This super-creamy pineapple treat served at Disney is so easy you can make it at home. But this version is only for adults.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 3 hours 30 minutes | Total time: 3 hours 45 minutes
- 2 (20-ounce) cans Dole crushed or chunked pineapple
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 ounces rum or coconut rum
- Drain the cans of pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juices and setting it aside.
- To a food processor or blender, add the pineapple, lemon and lime juices and the sugar, and blend until nice and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a gallon-size ziplock bag, and freeze for 2 hours or until the consistency is of soft serve ice cream.
- Remove the pineapple mixture from the freezer, and add it to a bowl. Stir in the heavy whipping cream and rum, and transfer back to the ziplock bag.
- Freeze for another 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until firm.
- When ready to serve, cut 1 corner from the ziplock bag, and squeeze into serving cups or bowls.
- Serve immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.