I’m a busy mom and wife, and mealtime can be super hectic in my house. Staying active with the kids keeps me on my toes, but when dinnertime rolls around, I find myself feeling stressed about throwing a healthy meal together, and quick!
This super-easy recipe is made in one pot, making it a breeze to put together. You can even boil the pasta ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. I used an all-natural, turkey-and-cheese sausage in this dish, along with onions, garlic, peppers and lots of fresh herbs for garnish.
One-pot cheesy turkey sausage pasta skillet recipe
Filling and delicious, cheesy turkey sausage is tossed with pasta along with vegetables in a lighter cheese sauce, keeping this dish healthy.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 6 turkey-and-cheese sausage links, sliced
- 2 cups low-carb or regular pasta
- 1 large sweet onion or red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large handful fresh parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and stir in the turkey sausage and veggies. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the grated cheese, half-and-half and garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, and divide among plates or bowls.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve warm.