Triple melon mozzarella salad with mint is a refreshing side dish
Simple ingredients can yield wonderful results. This fresh salad uses three types of melon, which are nestled on a bed of fresh mozzarella with mint and a lime dressing.
Super light with simply refreshing flavors, this salad is my go-to for the warm weather. Fresh cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew are scooped into little balls using a melon baller (or even a small cookie dough scoop) and served on fresh mozzarella. I decided to take the flavor profile up a notch and add a light, summery dressing for drizzling.
Tart lime juice and Champagne vinegar really help to bring out the subtle sweet notes in the melon, while the fresh mint adds a cool, earthy taste that leaves your mouth feeling clean and refreshed.
Triple melon mozzarella salad with lime dressing and mint recipe
Light and refreshing, this melon salad is served over creamy mozzarella slices and drizzled with lime dressing and fresh mint leaves.
Total time 15 minutes
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup fresh watermelon balls or chunks
- 1 cup fresh honeydew balls or chunks
- 1 cup fresh cantaloupe balls or chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons agave, depending on desired sweetness
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh lime wedges, as garnish
- On a plate or serving dish, arrange the sliced mozzarella.
- Top the mozzarella with the watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, Champagne vinegar, agave, olive (or avocado) oil, chopped mint and sea salt.
- Using a whisk, mix the dressing until smooth or until the avocado (or olive) oil has been incorporated.
- Drizzle the lime dressing on top of the salad, and garnish with fresh mint leaves and lime wedges.
- Best served chilled.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.