Penny Dreadful-inspired petits fours make a bite-size bloody treat (VIDEO)
I can't think of a better reason to make bloody petits fours than for the Penny Dreadful Season 2 premiere, can you? To really round out your evening, I highly recommend these "jars of blood" cocktails. Creepy.
How to make Penny Dreadful petits fours
- Prepared white cake
- White glaze (recipe below)
- Raspberry sauce, for blood
- Cameo candy mold
- White and black chocolate melts
- Pipe white chocolate into the face of the cameo mold. Let harden a little. Pipe black chocolate melt over the white as the background.
- Cut the cake into 1-1/2 x 1-1/2-inch squares.
- Cut each piece into 2 layers, and spread raspberry sauce in between.
- Pour glaze over each piece of cake, and let dry.
- Glue a cameo to each petit four with raspberry sauce.
- 9 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- To a double boiler, add water and the corn syrup, and mix until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
- Stir until smooth.
- Use immediately.