5 Poblano pepper recipes to give your Cinco de Mayo tons of flavor (VIDEO)
In my opinion, the poblano pepper doesn't get the love it deserves. The dark green chilies often get overlooked for the more common bell pepper or the spicier jalapeño. But I think you'll agree, once you see how you can infuse your recipes with poblanos, that they add tons of flavor to lots of different dishes. And of course, I'm particularly interested in that watermelon margarita.
Check out these five ways to use poblano peppers for some spectacular Cinco de Mayo recipes.
1. Poblano-watermelon margarita recipe
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 a poblano pepper
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce watermelon puree
- 3/4 ounces agave nectar/syrup
- Salt to rim the glass
- Muddle the poblano in a shaker.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, watermelon puree and agave nectar.
- Shake with ice, and strain into a double old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice and rimmed with salt.
- Garnish with a slice of watermelon and lime wedge.