Wine spritzers and apps are the perfect party fare as the weather gets warmer.
But how do you pair them? Stop stressing about how to match your wine with the ideal appetizer, and just follow the guide below. You’ll be dining in style with your party guests in no time.
1. Cucumber-mint spritzer with crudités and green goddess dip
2. Apple and pear white sangria with Asian barbecue pork sliders
3. Sauvignon blanc spritzer with jalapeño poppers
A fragrant, crisp sauvignon blanc with grassy, green pepper notes and just a dash of club soda is the perfect drink for baked jalapeño poppers. The acidity of the wine cuts through the creamy cheese, while the jalapeño brings out the more vegetal qualities of the wine.
4. Strawberry white wine spritzer with watermelon caprese
5. Moscato peach sangria with prosciutto-wrapped melon
6. Zinfandel spritzer with sweet-and-sour meatballs
The sweet and sour flavors of the classic cocktail meatball need something bold, and a red wine spritzer is just the ticket. Cut with lemon-lime soda and a squeeze of lime, a jammy zinfandel (not white zin!) really makes this match.
7. Syrah tinto de verano with balsamic-drizzled sausage mini pizzas
Use a full-bodied red, syrah, as the backbone of this tinto de verano, a simple Spanish spritzer. Its dark fruitiness pairs beautifully with the fennel, oregano and other spices that make these sausage mini pizzas so tasty, while the acidity from the lemon helps balance the tangy balsamic drizzle.
8. Mango riesling spritzer with ginger-tamarind chicken wings
9. Sangria with cheese, charcuterie and crackers
Sangria is sweet yet acidic and works well when it comes to balancing the heaviness that can come with fatty cheeses and cured meats. A platter of assorted rich cheeses, charcuterie and buttery crackers served alongside a pitcher of sangria is a match made in heaven.
10. Rosé spritzer with shrimp cocktail
More party ideas
22 Herb-infused cocktails that will change the way you drink
10 Simple, make-ahead appetizers
31 Winter cocktails to indulge in all year long