29 Spring recipes to make before April is over
As sunshine slowly starts to replace rainy weather, we start craving lighter, brighter foods and flavors. Now, I'm not saying that a super-cheesy soup isn't good in all seasons, but with spring comes glorious fresh produce like strawberries and green veggies, and outdoor brunches become the norm.
Fill up your spring menu with these can't-miss recipes from our April collection. From strawberry-Brie quesadillas to zucchini noodle fettuccine, we've got you covered. And as promised, there's even a slow cooker cheesy enchilada soup recipe in there.
1. Spanish-style slow cooker breakfast frittata recipe
Take the stress out of brunch by using the slow cooker to make this drool-worthy Spanish-style frittata.
2. Homemade small-batch croissants recipe
Homemade croissants actually seem doable with this step-by-step guide.
3. Rainbow pancakes recipe
These colorful pancakes just might get the kids out of bed a little faster.
4. Piña colada protein shake recipe
Finally, a protein shake that tastes like a cocktail. Winner.
5. Molasses and bacon skillet biscuits recipe
Two things: 1) bacon, 2) one-skillet breakfast. Nothing more to say about these luscious biscuits.
Snacks and sides
6. Bacon-wrapped avocado fries recipe
Wrap salty bacon around creamy avocado for the best "fries" you've ever eaten.
7. Homemade American cheese recipe
If that ooey, gooey grilled cheese sandwich up there doesn't convince you to make your own American cheese, I don't know what will.
8. Spicy baked Buffalo ranch chicken nuggets recipe
Because adults like nuggets too. (Don't lie... you know you do.) This spicy version will satisfy your midnight cravings.
9. Low-fat guacamole recipes
These veggie-infused guacamoles will keep you dipping the guilt-free way.
10. Sriracha and garlic-roasted radishes recipe
Give radishes new life by roasting them with plenty of Sriracha sauce and garlic.
11. Vegan potato salad with creamy avocado dressing recipe
Kick the mayo to the curb in favor of this equally creamy avocado dressing for your next potato salad.
12. Sloppy Joes-stuffed mini corn muffins recipe
These mini muffins have got to be the most adorable way to eat sloppy Joes, ever.
13. Brown butter and lemon linguine with shrimp recipe
Would you believe this decadent brown butter shrimp pasta was ready in 20 minutes flat? Believe it.
14. Stovetop skillet pizza recipe
No oven required for this quick skillet pizza. That sounds almost as easy as delivery.
15. Strawberry, Brie and spinach quesadilla recipe
This quesadilla gives you all the cheesy goodness you're looking for but fancies things up a little with strawberries and spinach.
16. Creamy lemon-ricotta gnocchi and spinach recipe
Meatless Monday or not, this heavenly pan of gnocchi is speaking my language.
17. Cheesy turkey-stuffed Mexican portobellos recipe
Super-size your stuffed mushrooms, and pack them full of turkey taco filling for a healthy twist on Taco Tuesday.
18. Lighter chicken Alfredo with zucchini ribbon fettuccine recipe
Not only is this fettuccine skinny, it's gluten-free too. Zucchini ribbons for the win.
19. Slow cooker ginger-cashew chicken recipe
Just 15 minutes of prep time, and 6 hours later you're eating this takeout fakeout slow cooker ginger-cashew chicken.
20. Easy Hawaiian pizza-stuffed bell peppers recipe
The low-carb way to get your Hawaiian pizza fix.
21. 20-Minute rice noodles with chicken in spicy chili sauce recipe
I need more 20-minute meals in my life, and this spicy noodle dish is calling my name.
22. Slow cooker enchilada soup recipe
When a recipe is described as "cooking itself," it's got my attention. Bonus when it's cheesy enchilada soup.
23. Orange chicken thighs with leeks recipe
This one-pot chicken dinner is packed with oranges and leeks and tons of deliciousness.
24. Spicy Thai coconut curry quinoa salad recipe
Creamy coconut-Sriracha sauce upgrades your Thai quinoa like nobody's business.
25. Copycat CPK California Cobb pizza recipe
Homemade copycat CPK pizza, because sometimes eating out is way too much work.
26. 10-Minute no-bake Oreo cream pie recipe
When a package of Oreos just isn't fancy enough, this super-easy 10-minute pie gives your favorite cookies an upgrade.
27. Rainbow surprise cupcakes recipe
You think you're taking a bite of a plain ol' vanilla cupcake, but surprise! There's awesome rainbow cream filling inside.
28. Double chocolate cheesecake with berries in a jar recipe
I will take this super-chocolaty cheesecake in a jar for breakfast, lunch, dinner and then dessert, please.
29. Waffled cupcake stacks recipe
The new and improved way to eat cupcakes — waffle 'em, and stack 'em up.