Strawberry raspberry jalapeño gazpacho in 10 minutes flat
Just because the warmer weather is creeping in (and thank goodness for that!) does not mean soup season is over. Late spring and summer days are perfect for gazpacho.
Typically a tomato-based cold soup, most oftentimes butchered with far too much onion and garlic in any restaurant (seriously, I've yet to enjoy gazpacho anywhere but in Spain and in my own kitchen), gazpacho is perfect for an easy warm-weather meal.
Instead of the base being tomatoes, this version uses fresh spring fruit like strawberries and raspberries for a sweeter-than-normal variation. Don't think this is basically a smoothie in a bowl, though. The jalapeños, touch of garlic, olive oil and vinegar balance the sweetness nicely for an overall savory flavor you'll not only love but can throw together in just 10 minutes in your blender.
Strawberry raspberry jalapeño gazpacho recipe
Combine fresh, sweet fruit with this classic cold tomato soup for a spring version perfect for the warmer weather.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve cold with a drizzle of olive oil and diced jalapeño, if desired.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.