If you are looking for a delicious dessert you can make ahead of time, seal and take out with you, then you’ve found it here.
Did I mention it has two layers of chocolate? One dark and the other milk chocolate, spiked with chocolate liqueur to give it a little more punch of flavor. The berries lend a more fruit-friendly approach to the overall taste, because with just the cheesecake alone, you can really feel the intensity of the two chocolates.
Since spring has finally arrived, it is also the time for staying outdoors. Picnics are my answer to enjoying the weather, nature and good food. These are perfect to take along with you because they can be easily sealed for easy transportation.
Double chocolate cheesecake with berries in a jar recipe
Like a normal cheesecake pie, this version in a jar requires layering of the chocolate cream cheese and base of biscuit crumbs. What’s great about it is that you can make it ahead of time, close the lid and take it out with you.
Yields 2-4 (depending on size of jars)
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 5 ounces plain chocolate biscuits (like Digestive), crushed to fine crumbs
- 1-1/2 ounces melted butter
- 2 teaspoons chocolate liqueur (like Baileys), divided
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 9 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, divided
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces fresh berries
- Fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons shaved chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, using a spoon, mix together the biscuit crumbs, butter, 1 teaspoon of chocolate liqueur and 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, then divide the mixture and transfer it into the jars. Press with the back of a spoon to make the mixture compact. Put the jars in the refrigerator while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- Into 2 small bowls, divide the cream cheese equally. Add 1 tablespoon of icing sugar to each bowl. Mix well.
- In a bain-marie, water bath or double boiler, melt the milk chocolate. When it has melted, pour it into 1 of the bowls of cream cheese, and mix well.
- Divide the milk chocolate cream cheese between the jars, and level with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate.
- In the same bain-marie, melt the dark chocolate. When it has melted, pour it into the remaining bowl of cream cheese, and then add the remaining chocolate liqueur and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Divide the dark chocolate cream cheese between the jars, and level with the back of a spoon.
- Garnish the jars with the berries, shaved chocolate and mint.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.