Piña colada protein shake is the perfect post-workout treat
Do you get bored with the same old protein shakes after your workouts? If you are like me, and the same drink day after day really starts to get to you, try getting creative to make your protein shakes come alive again.
In this recipe I wanted to put a delicious tropical twist on my protein shake. As odd as it might sound to add cottage cheese to a drink, it really works in this recipe when blended with other ingredients. Not only does the cottage cheese give your shake an additional punch of protein, but it also makes it super creamy and more filling. I also added fresh pineapple, vanilla protein powder, frozen bananas and creamy coconut milk to my blender, making this super-thick, rich and taste bud-satisfying drink to enjoy after my workout. This shake really keeps me full for quite a while, and it's good for holding me over until dinnertime.
Tropical piña colada protein shake recipe
This creamy, filling, post-workout drink is full of fresh pineapple, bananas, vanilla protein powder and cottage cheese, with a splash of coconut milk.
Serves 1 (large) or 2 (small)
Total time: 5 minutes
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Fresh pineapple, for garnish
- Fresh red berries, for garnish (optional)
- To a blender, add all the ingredients expect for the garnish.
- Blend on high until the mixture is very smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- Transfer the drink to a tall glass with a lid.
- Best served immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.