3 Low-fat guacamole recipes you'll be obsessed with this spring
Nothing epitomizes summer more than guac + chips to me. OK, maybe add a beer to that scenario too. I swear you wouldn't know it in the Northeast right now, but summer will be here before we know it, and along with it, the dreaded bikini season.
These three guacamole recipes take the health factor up a notch by adding a green vegetable to each one. Pick your veg (broccoli, peas or edamame), and get to dipping in just five minutes. Preparing for bathing suit season never tasted so good!
3 Healthy spring guacamole recipes
Gear up for warmer weather and fewer clothes with these three healthy guacamole recipes. Pick your vegetable, and toss the rest in the food processor for a quick dip! Note: The recipe is the same for each guacamole; just use 1 cup of whichever vegetable you'd like (broccoli, edamame or peas).
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup cooked broccoli or cooked edamame or fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.