The sweet and salty combination of these candy-coated pretzels makes them an irresistible Easter treat.
I like to make a big batch of these carrot pretzels because they keep really well. I serve them individually for a quick treat or in a little jar of ground-up Oreos as a fun dessert. You can also package a few together in a cellophane bag for an edible gift.
Candy-coated pretzel carrots recipe
Pretzel rods are dipped into orange and green candy melts to make these adorable sweet-and-salty carrots. You can keep them simple, or add a little detail by drawing lines with a toothpick once the candy has hardened.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 10 pretzel rods
- 1 bag orange candy melts
- 1 bag green candy melts
- Break each pretzel rod in half.
- Melt the orange candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Dip the pretzel halves into the orange candy melts, leaving about a 1-inch tip uncoated, then place onto a piece of waxed paper.
- Once the orange candy melts have hardened (this took about 10 minutes for me), melt the green candy melts.
- Dip the exposed tip of the pretzel into the green candy melts, then place on a piece of waxed paper.
- Once the candy is completely hardened, you can use a toothpick to draw horizontal lines in the orange candy portion and vertical lines in the green candy portion.
Check out our Easter Pinterest board for more great recipe ideas.