Slow cookers don’t always get the credit they deserve, and oftentimes I forget I have mine tucked way beneath the counter. But I love chicken Marsala and wanted to create a hassle-free, weeknight-friendly version that is basically foolproof and mess-free too.
So break out the slow cooker, and whip up this elegant dish without the headache. Chicken Marsala can be an easy weeknight dinner.
Chicken breast is added to the slow cooker with fresh mushrooms and garlic in a Marsala wine-based sauce. The chicken is juicy and tender and goes perfectly with mashed potatoes, green veggies or even a salad.
You can prep all the ingredients the night before and set the slow cooker in the morning before work to have a nice, hot supper waiting for you when you get home.
Easy slow cooker chicken Marsala recipe
Chicken breast is slow-cooked in a flavorful Marsala wine sauce along with fresh mushrooms, then served alongside your family’s favorite side dishes, like mashed potatoes or steamed veggies.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6 hours | Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 6 small chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed (or substitute 2-3 fresh cloves, minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts, mushrooms and butter in the bowl of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the chicken and mushrooms.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set it to cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the chicken Marsala is done, divide it among dinner plates, and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Best served warm alongside fresh steamed green veggies, mashed potatoes or with a side salad.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.