Spring has sprung, and we’re starting to see more warm-weather ingredients available in markets. But since plenty of us are still dealing with snow, frigid temperatures and wintry conditions, we’re not completely ready to transition to the lighter, seasonal foods just yet.
When you’re craving a hearty meal with fresh ingredients, these recipes will scratch that itch. They’re comforting and delicious but remind you of the warmer days to come.
1. Skillet sun-dried tomato chicken and rice recipe
Put your cast-iron skillet to good use with this one-pot chicken dinner.
2. Garlicky beef tenderloin tips (beef salpicao) recipe
This garlicky beef packs a flavorful punch that might make you less kissable, but it’s so worth it.
3. Pan-fried halibut with lemon-yogurt sauce recipe
Pan-fried halibut in 20 minutes flat gives you no excuse to buy frozen fish sticks ever again.
4. Quinoa broccoli cheddar casserole recipe
With all this cheese, you might be able to sneak the quinoa and broccoli under the kids’ noses.
5. Bacon, raspberry jam and havarti cheese sliders recipe
Bacon and raspberry jam adds a gourmet touch to mini grilled cheese sandwiches.
6. Slow cooker beer-braised beef tacos recipe
Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot easier. This beer-braised beef in the slow cooker takes just 10 minutes of prep time.
7. Vegan stuffed shells with cashew ricotta cheese and spinach recipe
These stuffed shells prove vegan comfort food is possible.
8. Chili cheddar panini recipe
This panini is the very best way to use up leftover chili.
9. Sautéed baby bok choy with shrimp and asparagus recipe
Put the takeout menu away. Would you believe this veggie-full stir-fry is ready in 18 minutes?
10. Bratwurst, apple and sauerkraut flatbread pizza recipe
Add a little German flair to pizza night with bratwurst, apple and sauerkraut. And a tall beer, of course.
11. Angel hair pasta and red pepper casserole recipe
This cheesy pasta casserole makes me wish every day was Meatless Monday.
12. Indonesian quinoa “fried rice” recipe
Nasi goreng is an Indonesian fried rice dish, but this quinoa version has more nutrients and just as much flavor.
13. Drunken beans (frijoles borrachos) recipe
I know this is a side dish, but I will happily eat these drunken beans as dinner.
14. Greek chicken burgers with cauliflower buns and tzatziki recipe
Jump on the cauliflower bandwagon. These buns are gluten-free and perfect for these Greek chicken burgers.
15. Tropical slow cooker chicken burrito bowls recipe
Pineapple salsa gives these slow cooker chicken burrito bowls a hint of tropical flair.
16. Lemony tempeh scaloppine with shallots recipe
Satisfy your scaloppine craving on Meatless Monday with lemony fried tempeh.
17. Warm spinach salad with homemade bacon dressing recipe
I would like to drink this homemade bacon dressing, but this hearty spinach salad looks pretty good too.
18. One-pot panang curry with chicken recipe
More ways to make a takeout meal: super-fast one-pot chicken curry.
19. Ginger and lime breaded fried chicken recipe
Give fried chicken an Asian twist with the flavors of ginger and lime.
20. Roasted zucchini cream sauce with pasta recipe
Add roasted zucchini to give your creamy sauce an extra helping of veggies.
21. Berry cheesecake muffins recipe
These little beauties can really double as dessert, but I’ll be happy to have an excuse to eat cheesecake muffins for brunch.
22. Chocolate peanut butter swirl muffins
Believe it or not, these decadent chocolate peanut butter muffins are low-carb.
23. Quick huevos rancheros breakfast muffins recipe
Get all the flavors of huevos rancheros in one perfectly packaged bite.
24. Goat cheese and thyme popovers with mixed berry sauce recipe
You might be surprised how easy it is to make these goat cheese popovers, and it’s even easier to make the luscious mixed berry sauce to spoon on top.
25. Gluten-free carrot cake muffins with lemon-ginger glaze recipe
Carrot cake muffins are the perfect spring brunch treat.
26. Breakfast stuffed portobello mushrooms recipe
Stuffed mushrooms have always been a crowd-pleaser, and this breakfast-inspired version is no exception. Especially with a runny egg on top.
27. Baileys and strawberry shortcake dessert shots recipe
Celebrate the beginning of strawberry season with these boozy dessert shots.
28. Slow cooker white chocolate and blueberry bread pudding recipe
Don’t even think about putting your slow cooker away now that winter is over. Use it for super-easy white chocolate and blueberry bread pudding.
29. 5-Ingredient cookie butter fudge recipe
Cookie butter fudge might not be season-specific, but it’s cookie butter, so…