Make use of your microwave for baking a really quick and easy dessert. Three minutes are all you need.
Like everyone else, I usually turn to my microwave only for reheating food. But using it to cook food from scratch cuts regular baking time in the oven by more than half. It is something I am starting to understand, and after making this microwave dessert recipe, I realized how easy it can make baking.
As my first microwave recipe, these three-minute microwave apples came out a huge success. It is a dessert idea I turn to when I have to put together impromptu meals. No one will ever guess how simple and easy it is.
Quick and easy microwave apple with yogurt dessert recipe
Microwaving food cuts down cooking time, with excellent results. Instead of baking the apples in an oven, cook them in a microwave for three minutes, top them with Greek yogurt, and voilà, dessert is ready!
Prep time: 7 minutes | Cook time: 3 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 organic apples
- 2 tablespoons brown cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons port wine (or Marsala wine, rum or brandy)
- Cinnamon powder
- 1-1/2 organic lemons, zest only
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or any creamy yogurt or ice cream)
- 2 teaspoons shaved almonds
- Core the apples, then place them in a shallow bowl.
- Onto each apple, pour 1 tablespoon of port wine, 1 tablespoon of sugar, a dash of cinnamon, zest of half a lemon and 1 tablespoon of raisins.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, then prick some holes into the wrap with the tip of a knife.
- Cook the apples on high for 3 minutes or until they are tender. (These were cooked in an 800-watt microwave. Cooking time may vary depending on the power of your microwave.) Let the apples rest for at least 2 minutes before you remove the plastic wrap.
- Serve the apples with the yogurt, then sprinkle with the remaining raisins, lemon zest, cinnamon and almonds.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.