Burgers are my all-time favorite summertime dish. You can throw just about any flavor into a burger, and it’s bound to taste delicious. This version takes lean ground chicken and combines it with nutritious mashed sweet potatoes and tons of fresh chopped herbs.
It’s deliciously simple and tastes great when topped with fresh, sautéed baby spinach. If you can’t find ground chicken in your store, this tastes great made with ground turkey as well.
Sweet potato chicken burger recipe
Add some color to your chicken burgers by throwing in lots of fresh chopped herbs and chunked sweet potatoes. Serve on a bun or atop a salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, sautéed
- 4 soft buns
- To a large bowl, add the ground chicken, oregano, thyme, sage, kosher salt, garlic powder and mashed sweet potatoes.
- Using your hands, mix together until fully incorporated.
- Divide into 4 equal-size patties, and set aside.
- To a large skillet set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add in the burgers, and cook until the undersides are browned, then flip, and continue cooking until browned and fully cooked. The burgers should be firm to the touch when fully cooked.
- Serve topped with sautéed baby spinach on a soft bun.