Bacon-wrapped avocado fries make a super-simple snack
When I was a little kid, I used to hate avocado. I thought it was weird, and since I grew up in Ohio, we rarely had it. Then one day my best friend's mom made homemade guacamole. My life changed. All of a sudden I couldn't get enough of them and wanted them with every single meal.
When I got older, I would make big batches of guacamole and add in bacon pieces, because what's not better with bacon? These fries are a jazzed-up version of my bacon-filled guac.
I took ripe avocados, wrapped them in bacon, crisped them up in the oven and then dipped them in a spicy Sriracha mayo. It's the perfect combination of savory, salty and spice. The key to getting perfect-looking fries is to not let them bake for too long. If avocado cooks too long, it starts to turn brown and taste bitter. No one wants that.
Bacon-wrapped avocado fries recipe
We know bacon and avocado are great, but what if we wrap that bacon around the avocado? Delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 12 strips bacon
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Cook the bacon in 2 batches over medium heat until just browned. You do not want your bacon crispy; it should still be movable without breaking.
- Cut each avocado half into 3 long pieces, and discard the skins.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice around each avocado slice. Secure the bacon to the avocado by sticking a wooden toothpick through the bacon and avocado.
- Turn your broiler on high, and place your baking rack to the third-from-the-top position.
- Add your bacon-wrapped avocado fries to a baking sheet, and place them in the oven. Broil for about 5 minutes, just until the bacon starts to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven, and take out the toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce.
- Serve the mayo with the hot avocado fries.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.