Paleo honey bacon-wrapped chicken bites are easy and delicious
Warmer weather brings lots of great things, like picnics, pool parties and delicious grilled foods. For this chicken recipe, I wanted to make something that is not only satisfying but paleo-friendly and with tons of flavor.
I decided to take organic chicken breast and wrap it in a strip of all-natural, nitrate-free bacon, then lightly brush it with raw organic honey and grill it up for a filling treat.
These little honey bacon chicken bites are perfect finger foods for entertaining or for an easy, bite-size, kid-friendly snack or meal. If you don't feel like firing up the grill, then simply follow the directions, and instead of grilling, place the bites on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F or until the chicken and bacon are cooked and juices run clear.
Paleo honey bacon-wrapped chicken bites recipe
Organic chicken breast is diced, wrapped in all-natural bacon and given a light coating of honey for sweetness, then grilled to perfection for a paleo and gluten-free dish.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 4 large organic chicken breasts
- 8 slices all-natural, nitrate-free bacon (I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- Fresh cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- On a cutting board, dice each chicken breast into 4 large, bite-size chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half for a total of 16 pieces of bacon.
- Carefully wrap 1 slice of bacon around 1 piece of chicken, and set aside until all the bites are prepared.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat, and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill the chicken bites several at a time (but not crowding the grill pan). Cook the bites for 5 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once all the bites are grilled, place them on a serving platter, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve as is or with any type of sauce, if desired, such as hot sauce, barbecue sauce, ketchup, honey mustard or aioli.