31 Foods you never knew you could serve on a stick
It's incredible the vast number of foods that come on a stick. Today we're celebrating putting things on a stick with some of our favorite recipes.
Food on a stick has great advantages: less cleaning because you eat right from the stick, attractive to kids (because what kid doesn't want to hold a stick?) and popular in almost every culture. You're bound to find something you'll love. We'll start with savory stick recipes and work our way up to sweet treats.
1. Caprese stick recipe
Image: Eats Well with Others
We're loving how this caprese stick recipe puts a twist on the classic by using sun-dried tomatoes instead of fresh for a burst of flavor.
2. Melon, mozzarella and prosciutto skewers recipe
Image: A Communal Table
There is seriously nothing more refreshing than these melon, mozzarella and prosciutto skewers.
3. Ecuadorian beef skewers recipe
Image: Laylita's Recipes
Ecuadorian beef skewers are seasoned and grilled or seared — hands down the best and most flavorful beef skewers you'll ever have.
4. BLT on a stick recipe
Image: Miss in the Kitchen
BLT on a stick is the best way to get your kids to eat tomatoes and lettuce. These would be perfect for a luncheon or afternoon snack with friends.
5. Grilled shisito peppers on a stick recipe
Image: What's Gaby Cooking
Oh my, how amazing do these grilled shisito peppers on a stick look? We love ordering them at restaurants, but this technique of serving them on a stick is ingenious.
6. Pizza skewers with garlic butter dipping sauce recipe
Image: Baked Bree
If you're a pizza lover, why not stick them on a skewer like in this recipe for pizza skewers with garlic butter dipping sauce? You might not want to share with the kids.
7. Shrimp scampi skewers recipe
Image: Gimme Some Oven
Serve up these shrimp scampi skewers alongside a big bowl of freshly cooked pasta for a quick and easy dinner that still looks impressive.
8. Tuna, salmon and swordfish skewers recipe
Head to your local store, and buy the freshest fish for these tuna, salmon and swordfish skewers.
9. Pancakes on a stick recipe
These pancakes on a stick are amazing — seriously. What's better than a breakfast sausage wrapped in bacon and then dipped in pancake batter and fried? Nothing.
10. Honey soy-glazed salmon and pineapple pops recipe
These honey soy-glazed salmon and pineapple pops are a delicious way to add more fruit to your meals — in a savory dish.
11. Caramelized sweet potato skewers recipe
If you need a quick side dish, these caramelized sweet potato skewers are perfect and oh so vegetarian.
12. Grilled cheese and Peppadew pepper skewers recipe
Oh, how we're ready for summer to grill up these grilled cheese and Peppadew pepper skewers.
13. Rainbow veggie skewers recipe
Image: Gimme Some Oven
Kids hate veggies? Make them these attractive rainbow veggie skewers.
14. Homemade baked corn dogs recipe
The kids (and adults alike) will love these homemade baked corn dogs — baked, not fried, for a healthier version of a classic fried recipe.
15. Pastrami and Swiss kebabs recipe
Pastrami and Swiss kebabs are a perfect light lunch for watching the game or just having the guys over. Perfect with beer.
16. Turkey-cucumber sandwich skewer recipe
Hosting a luncheon? This turkey-cucumber sandwich skewer recipe will delight everyone, and it's the perfect bite between sips of bubbly.
17. Cinnamon rolls on a stick recipe
Image: Foodie with Family
We've arrived at the sweets on a stick, and starting with cinnamon rolls on a stick is the obvious choice, right?
18. Hot chocolate on a stick recipe
Image: Spiced Blog
We love making hot chocolate on a stick as an edible gift idea for friends and family.
19. Chocolate-covered doughnuts on a stick recipe
Image: Love from the Oven
Start your Sunday mornings with these lovely chocolate-covered doughnuts on a stick.
20. Marshmallow fun pops recipe
Perfect for kids' parties, make these marshmallow fun pops ahead of time, or let the kids make their own.
21. Strawberry shortcake on a stick recipe
Image: Nibbles and Feasts
Welcome spring with delicate strawberry shortcake on a stick.
22. 5-Ingredient caramel double chocolate birthday ice cream cake bars on a stick recipe
Image: Half Baked Harvest
Five-ingredient caramel double chocolate birthday ice cream cake bars on a stick — don't let the long title scare you, as these are super easy to make and look super impressive.
23. Almond espresso cookies on a stick recipe
Serve a couple of these almond espresso cookies on a stick during coffee time — try dunking them in your coffee.
24. S'mores pops recipe
Great for a summer party, s'mores pops love being a part of campfires.
25. Ice cream sandwiches on a stick recipe
Cool down during the height of summer with one of these ice cream sandwiches on a stick.
26. Pumpkin pie on a stick recipe
Celebrate the season with delicious pumpkin pie on a stick — or make whatever fruit filling is in season.
27. 3-Ingredient cake batter truffles recipe
Three-ingredient cake batter truffles are perfect for kids' birthday parties — no messy cake to slice.
28. Frozen piña coladas on a stick recipe
Oh, how we love the taste of pineapple and coconut together, like in these frozen piña coladas on a stick.
29. DIY rock candy recipe
DIY rock candy — a fun project to make with the kids.
30. Chocolate-dipped raspberry smoothies on a stick recipe
Make healthy smoothies for your kids, and then just freeze them into sticks, like these chocolate-dipped raspberry smoothies on a stick. A fun way to present the usual smoothie.
31. Chocolate-dipped fruit pops recipe
A healthier alternative to cake pops: chocolate-dipped fruit pops.