Individual no-bake mascarpone cheesecakes are a taste of spring
One of my absolute favorite desserts is a basic cheesecake. What I enjoy even more are no-bake versions like this one.
Rather than using cream cheese, I opted for creamy mascarpone, which is an Italian version of cream cheese. Its smooth texture and mild flavor work beautifully with the fresh lemon and agave in this easy, hassle-free dessert.
Whip up a batch of the filling up to two days in advance, and simply layer it into dessert glasses with fresh whipped cream and any type of berries or fruit you desire.
This is a great dessert for entertaining or for a light summer treat when it's too hot out to turn on the oven.
Individual no-bake lemon-mascarpone cheesecakes with fresh strawberries recipe
Creamy mascarpone is lightly sweetened with agave and given a touch of tartness from fresh lemons, then spooned into glasses with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup raw agave or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, minced, plus extra for garnish
- Whipped cream and toasted almonds, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone, lemon juice and zest, agave or honey, vanilla and sea salt.
- Using a hand mixer, blend the mixture until it is very smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and place the mascarpone filling in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to chill.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the strawberries. Carefully remove the stems, and dice into small pieces, reserving a few for garnish if desired.
- When ready to assemble the dessert, remove the mascarpone filling from the refrigerator, and spoon a small amount into the bottoms of dessert glasses.
- Layer with strawberries, and repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, almonds and a fresh whole strawberry, and serve.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.