Breathe new life into this classic dessert. How? Make it in the slow cooker. Who would have imagined?
Make things (and by things, I mean dessert) easy on yourself when it comes to entertaining. You already know the slow cooker is your friend during the busy week or when you don’t want to hassle to put a meal together over the weekend.
Take your slow cooker one step beyond, and use it to make white chocolate and blueberry bread pudding. It’s warm and fruity and quite amazing. Whether you’re entertaining and need all the spare time you can get, or you want to whip up a scrumptious treat for your family without much effort, this bread pudding can be mixed up in no time and then finished in the slow cooker while you tend to other things. What a treat!
Slow cooker white chocolate and blueberry bread pudding recipe
Bread pudding is a classic dessert that is perfect for guests. This recipe is a great way to easily add dessert to your entertaining. Just mix everything together, and pop it into the slow cooker for several hours. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream as topping.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 2-1/2 to 3 hours | Total time: 2-1/2 to 3 hours 10 minutes
- 5 cups white bread, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest from 1/2 a large lemon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Set the slow cooker to low. Spray the inside bowl lightly with the nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add in the white chocolate chips, and remove from the heat. Stir to help completely melt the chips.
- A little at a time, add 1/2 the milk to the butter mixture, whisking to combine.
- To a separate bowl, add the eggs, and beat with a whisk. Add the sugar to the eggs, and whisk until incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest, and stir to combine.
- Add the bread and blueberries to the slow cooker. Pour the egg mixture over them, and stir to combine.
- Pour the butter mixture over the top. Sprinkle a few white chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook on low heat for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. When finished, remove the inner bowl from the slow cooker, and let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with extra white chocolate chips and blueberries.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.