When you have 20-plus people to feed, simple but tasty recipes are a must.
This four-ingredient, one-bowl dessert certainly fits the bill. Jill Dillard, the fourth-eldest Duggar child, recently whipped up a batch of her no-bake cheesecake on an episode of 19 Kids and Counting. It sounded so good, I had to try it out for myself. Luckily Jill shared her recipe on Instagram.
The best thing about Jill’s recipe is how simple it is. You can really go in any direction you want to flavor-wise. I chose to add the zest and juice of a small Meyer lemon, but you could use orange juice and zest. Or add a splash of vanilla or a tablespoon of liqueur — whatever you like.
Jill tops her cheesecake with fresh fruit, like strawberries. I had some homemade lemon, ginger and blood orange marmalade that I drizzled over the top, which was great too. The slight acidity cut through the creamy cheesecake, making for a light and summery-tasting dessert.
And light it was — I was surprised at how fluffy this cheesecake is. It’s almost more like a cheesecake mousse than the denser cake you’re probably used to, making it the perfect sweet treat to have after dinner without getting too stuffed.
You can make her recipe as one big cheesecake or use cupcake liners to make individual portions. I chose to do the latter.
All you need to do is gather your ingredients…
Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy…
Add the powdered sugar and Cool Whip…
And spoon into a lined muffin tin, dropping a vanilla wafer cookie into each cupcake liner before filling. Chill for 1 hour, add the topping of your choice, and enjoy.
The verdict? A super-easy, no-bake dessert that feeds a crowd in minutes. If you love to entertain or have a big family, then this scrumptious, fluffy cheesecake recipe is for you.
Duggar family no-bake cheesecake recipe
Adapted from Instagram
This light and fluffy no-bake cheesecake is the perfect dessert for a crowd. Jazz it up with the flavorings of your choice, or enjoy as is.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, for topping (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, for topping (optional)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, and beat until fully incorporated.
- Beat in the lemon zest and juice, if using.
- Using a silicone spatula, fold the whipped topping into the cheesecake mixture until fully incorporated.
- Line 2 (12-serving) muffin tins with cupcake liners. Add a vanilla wafer cookie to each.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of cheesecake mixture into each liner.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- To serve, enjoy as is, or top with fresh fruit, jam or the topping of your choice.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.
More no-bake desserts
Strawberry shortcake shots are your favorite new boozy dessert
23 Amazing make-ahead, no-bake holiday treats
Keep the oven off: No-bake cheesecake balls
Leave a Comment