Lucky leprechaun hats are a chocolaty treat for St. Paddy’s Day
Hats off to the party planner who brings these chocolaty, chewy and gooey treats to their St. Paddy's Day celebration. Made with only four ingredients, you'll be done with these in a snap!
Lucky leprechaun hats
- 24 large marshmallows
- 24 chocolate shortbread cookies
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tube of green decorator icing
- Wax paper
- Place the cookies chocolate side up on a wax paper-coated cookie sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 70 percent power for approximately 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Place the marshmallow on a kabob stick or skewer and dip into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to help coat the marshmallow completely.
- Gently place each marshmallow, flat side down, on top of each cookie.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and use decorator frosting to draw 3 circles on the front of each hat to make the leaves of the shamrock.
- Place the tip of a toothpick into the center of the middle circle and swoop down to draw the stem.
- Pipe a green band around the bottom of the marshmallow to complete your hat.
For more simple, super St. Patrick's Day party recipes, visit SuperMoms360.com.