Whether for breakfast or dinner, this one-pot recipe not only saves you from washing pans but also gives you everything you want in one complete meal.
Sometimes I have a big craving for breakfast-inspired dinners. Eggs and sausage usually make up a part of a full meal, and one great thing about it is when I get to cook them all in one, single pan. Not only do I avoid washing a lot of saucepans, but I also enjoy a little of each thing on one big, satisfying plate.
With this meal, there are sausages, sautéed mushrooms and polenta topped with cheese, eggs and tomatoes. If you cook them in proper order — from the ingredients that cook the longest down to the ones that cook the fastest — then you can have a complete, delicious meal in less than half an hour.
One-pot meal: Cheesy polenta, sausage, mushrooms and eggs recipe
In one single pot, cook this complete breakfast-for-dinner meal in order of the sausages down to the eggs and sliced tomatoes.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 sausages
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices (about 6 ounces) polenta
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (any kind that melts easily)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, toast the sausages for about 5 minutes, then move them to one corner of the saucepan.
- At another side of the saucepan, pour a little bit of olive oil, and sauté the garlic. Add the mushrooms, and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the Worcestershire sauce and a dash of salt and pepper. Keep the mushrooms to one side of the saucepan.
- At another side of the saucepan, toast 1 side of the sliced polenta for 2 minutes.
- At another side of the saucepan, pour a little bit of oil, and then crack in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the polenta to cook the other side, then place the cheese on top of each slice.
- Place the sliced tomatoes into the saucepan.
- When the cheese on the polenta has melted and the eggs are cooked through, turn off the heat, and serve immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.