The wonton appetizer craze is probably my favorite. You can stuff just about anything into those tiny, little shells. While I have always been a fan of them stuffed with taco meat, I cannot help but love them Reuben-stuffed.
These babies are packed full of chopped corned beef (perfect when you have leftovers!), sauerkraut, Russian dressing and just a touch of shredded Swiss cheese. They are crunchy, creamy and packed full of delicious flavor. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day leftovers or any day when you might have a little extra corned beef lying around.
Mini Reuben wonton bites recipe
No need to eat boring leftovers for days when you overbought on the corned beef. These little wonton bites are the perfect vehicle for snacking.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup chopped corned beef
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/3 cup Russian dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, and fill each little cavity with 1 wonton wrapper, pressing down the middle but keeping the sides straight.
- In a bowl, mix together the corned beef, 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese, the sauerkraut and Russian dressing. If the mixture looks too dry, you can add a little more Russian dressing. However, with the remaining water in the sauerkraut, it should be moist.
- Fill each wonton with an equal amount of corned beef mixture. Top each bite with the remaining shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the wonton is crisp around the edges and the cheese has melted.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.