Corned beef and cabbage quesadilla is an Irish-Mexican mashup you'll love
When I was a kid, I could have eaten my weight in corned beef and cabbage. Now that I'm older, I'm pretty sure I could do exactly the same thing. That's why when St. Patrick's Day rolls around and corned beef goes on sale, I buy it all. OK, not really all the corned beef. Just enough to fill my freezer.
This easy quesadilla recipe is the perfect, sassy leftover recipe. All that delicious flavor piled in between a cheesy and crispy tortilla — hello, delicious! It's really good plain but even better when dipped into homemade horseradish Russian dressing.
Corned beef and cabbage quesadilla recipe
Get into the kitchen, and use up that leftover corned beef. This quesadilla is packed full of cheese, homemade corned beef and cabbage.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- 3 cups chopped corned beef
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked cabbage (you could also use sauerkraut)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray 1 side of each tortilla with olive oil spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the corned beef, Swiss cheese and cabbage.
- Place the olive oil-sprayed sides of the tortillas down, and top each one with equal parts corned beef mixture.
- Top each quesadilla with the remaining sprayed tortillas, olive oil sides out.
- In a large skillet, cook each quesadilla until browned, flip, and continue cooking until the other side is browned and the insides are melted and warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve the warm quesadillas with the Russian dressing dipping sauce.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.