Lucky Charms pancakes are the sweetest St. Patrick's Day treat
There is nothing I love more than a big bowl of cereal. However, I'm also a huge fan of pancakes. So when I came up with this recipe, it was like my breakfast world collided.
This dish is a simple pancake recipe packed full of Lucky Charms, topped with sweet marshmallow whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. This is a totally over-the-top but totally necessary breakfast mashup.
Lucky Charms pancake recipe
No more plain pancakes in this house! These babies are packed full of crunchy marshmallows and Lucky Charms cereal and are topped with a fluffy marshmallow whipped cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate sauce, for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and kosher salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vegetable oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the middle of the flour mixture, and stir to combine.
- Heat up a nonstick griddle, and add 1/3 cup of batter per pancake to it.
- Sprinkle the Lucky Charms on top of the pancakes, and flip when the undersides are golden brown. Cook until the other sides are also golden brown.
- Continue until all pancakes have been fully cooked.
- To a bowl of an electric mixer, add the heavy cream. Beat on high speed until it just becomes fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar, and continue whipping until fluffy.
- Fold in the marshmallows, and keep cold until ready to use.
- To serve, top the pancakes with the whipped cream, and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.