I have always loved cupcakes. They give you all that cake deliciousness in a smaller package. They become even better when you stuff them into a jar and make them 100 percent on-the-go friendly.
This little on-the-go treat is made with Irish whiskey-spiked cupcakes and topped with a minty whipped topping. Plus I had some cute St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles lying around, so I used them to decorate the top. Who doesn’t love sprinkles?
Irish whiskey chocolate cake in a jar recipe
This chocolate cake is spiked with a little Irish whiskey and is perfect for snacking on the go. Layered in a small Mason jar with mint whipped cream, it’s topped with festive sprinkles too.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon mint extract (more or less, based on personal preference)
- Green food coloring, a few drops
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and either line a 24-count cupcake pan with paper liners or spray it with nonstick cooking spray, then set it aside.
- To a mixing bowl, add the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, Irish whiskey, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together for 2 minutes, until totally combined and smooth.
- Fill each cupcake cavity about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Let the cupcakes cool before assembling.
- To the container of your thawed whipped topping, add the mint extract and green food coloring.
- To assemble, cut 1 cupcake in half, and add the bottom to a 4-ounce Mason jar. Top with whipped topping, sprinkles, the other half of the cupcake and then more whipped topping and sprinkles.
- You could also use an 8-ounce Mason jar by just doubling the assembly instructions.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.