Slow Cooker Sunday: Pork chops in creamy mushroom sauce
I have always loved using my slow cooker. It's perfect in the winter, and it's great for days when I don't feel like cooking. I throw everything into it in the morning, and come home to dinner. How perfect is that?
This dish takes thick-cut pork chops and pairs them with a creamy mushroom sauce. It's hearty, filling and perfect for cold winter nights. You can serve it with mashed potatoes, buttered noodles or even seasoned rice.
Creamy, smothered, slow cooker pork chops
Adapted from Campbell's
These delicious pork chops are paired with mushrooms, creamy sauce and just a touch of spice. Easily made in the slow cooker, it's the perfect set-it-and-forget-it kind of meal. Serve with noodles or rice for a complete meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 8 hours | Total time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- 4 thick-cut pork chops
- Black pepper
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Lay out the pork chops, and sprinkle both sides with black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soup, diced onions, mushrooms and thyme leaves.
- Place the pork chops into the slow cooker, pour the mushroom mixture over them, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.