The first time I had quinoa, I was not blown away. I thought it was bland and a little too earthy for my taste. After a while, I learned that quinoa can be tasty — it just needs a little jazzing up.
This casserole gives me just the right amount of jazz. It’s packed full of broccoli and has a nice, creamy texture. You could easily add some cooked chicken for a boost of protein, or leave it meat-free. Either way, it’s delicious.
Quinoa broccoli cheddar casserole recipe
This quinoa broccoli cheddar casserole is the perfect way to enjoy quinoa. Plus it’s mixed with delicious broccoli and topped with lots of stringy cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup tricolor quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray an 8 x 8-inch dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- To a pot set over high heat, add the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the quinoa is soft and the water is fully absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, the cream of celery soup, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared dish, and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the inside of the dish is warm and the top has melted.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.