Now that Valentine’s Day has passed, we can turn our attention back to foods that are not pink, red or heart-shaped. Rejoice!
These scrumptious dishes from our February recipe collection will ease you back into the kitchen where red velvet is no longer king. Pin your favorites to make later — there are too many good ones here to try before the month is over.
1. Cherry-sage flank steak recipe
You can have this steak dinner on the table in 20 minutes flat. There goes that excuse for takeout.
2. Cabbage rolls with soy-honey chicken and rice recipe
Cabbage rolls have never looked sexier.
3. One-dish Italian chicken and rice casserole recipe
There’s something about a chicken and rice casserole with cream of mushroom soup that just makes my mouth water. Comfort food at its finest.
4. Steak-stuffed crescent rolls with horseradish sauce recipe
This fancy version of pigs in a blanket could be a snack or an appetizer, but eating the whole batch for dinner works for me.
5. Cheesy asparagus chowder recipe
Proof that Meatless Monday can leave you with a full, happy belly.
6. Chili spaghetti recipe
When you have leftover chili, you make chili spaghetti.
7. Lentil and mushroom empanadas with creamy roasted red pepper sauce recipe
Pro tip: When you use premade pie crusts, empanadas are way easier.
8. Slow cooker green chili and shredded chicken tortilla soup recipe
Is there anything better than coming home to the smell of slow cooker soup, ready and waiting for you?
9. Coronation chicken salad with toasted almonds recipe
You can literally eat like a queen with this upgraded chicken salad.
10. Pineapple chicken meatballs with mashed cauliflower recipe
It’s like meatballs and mashed potatoes, but way healthier.
11. Slow cooker chicken and sausage cassoulet recipe
The more approachable cassoulet… no duck required.
12. Red wine-braised short ribs recipe
Only 10 minutes of prep, and three hours later, you’re sitting down to this luscious bowl of short ribs.
13. Cauliflower “mac” and cheese with spinach and bacon recipe
This is how you turn cauliflower haters into cauliflower lovers.
14. Loaded, beefy, beer cheese nachos recipe
Every once in a while, a ginormous plate of nachos is the best idea for dinner.
15. Quick cashew chicken and broccoli skillet recipe
Everything you love about Chinese takeout in one quick skillet.
16. Cheesy cheddar, broccoli and bacon pull-apart rolls recipe
Take your dinner and stuff it into biscuit dough, and you get these glorious rolls.
17. One-pot Italian sausage pasta with ricotta cheese recipe
For those nights when you’re not counting calories, make it worth it. Pasta, cheese, sausage, more cheese. Yes.
18. Spicy slow cooker pineapple chicken meatballs recipe
Make these meatballs a meal by serving them with rice or veggies. Or just use a toothpick and eat them directly from the slow cooker. (Not that I know anything about that.)
19. Fried chicken nuggets and garlic mashed potatoes flatbread pizza recipe
Every child’s (and most adults’, if we’re being honest) dream pizza.
20. Raspberry cordial vegan cupcake recipe
I don’t particularly need another excuse to eat dessert, but if I did: booze.
21. Sweet jam-filled gnocchi recipe
Yep, they’re still made with potatoes, but gnocchi for dessert will blow your mind.
22. Super-easy grapefruit-rosemary cake recipe
Nobody needs to know this ridiculously easy citrus-herb cake starts with a boxed mix.
23. Fudge thumbprints with strawberry-amaretto jam recipe
You’d never guess these divine treats are made with black beans.
24. Girl Scout cookie-inspired “Thin Mint” energy bites recipe
It tastes like a Thin Mint, but it’s actually a healthy energy bite. Winner.
25. Cookies-and-cream hot chocolate recipe
This hot chocolate could be breakfast or dessert. Or both. I won’t judge.