5 Cauliflower recipes that will make you fall for this winter veggie (VIDEO)
If you haven't jumped on the cauliflower bandwagon yet, what are you waiting for? Sometimes I like it as cauliflower "bread," other times as pizza-flavored breadsticks. But I'm always looking for new ways to serve up this winter veggie, and these recipes don't disappoint.
1. Buffalo cauliflower wings
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, coarsely chopped into florets (creates about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) almond milk (or milk base of choice)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) water
- 3/4 cup (187.5 milliliters) flour of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) your favorite Buffalo hot sauce (such as President's Choice or Frank's)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) melted coconut oil or butter
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the milk, water, flour, onion and garlic.
- Dip each floret into the batter consecutively, allowing the excess to drip off before placing the pieces on a large, parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake the battered florets for about 25 minutes, until the batter has "gelled" somewhat and the florets are fragrant.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, whisk the Buffalo hot sauce with the melted coconut oil or butter.
- Once the battered cauliflower florets have baked, carefully brush the florets with the sauce, making sure they are entirely coated.