No-bake 'Thin Mint' cookie recipe only needs 3 ingredients
If you are a fan of the ever-popular Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies and are a vegan, then this recipe is one you will want to keep forever.
These Thin Mint-inspired cookies use only three super-simple ingredients, and what's even better is that they are no-bake. Oreos are surprisingly vegan, and by removing the creme filling and dipping the cookie into melted dark chocolate with a few drops of pure peppermint extract, you get a rival to any box of Girl Scout cookies.
Since these cookies require no baking, you can easily invite your little ones into the kitchen to help. They also store well and are a perfect portable dessert for your next picnic or if you just have a sweet tooth you want to satisfy.
3-Ingredient vegan "Thin Mints" recipe
Adapted from Top with Cinnamon
Vegan chocolate cookies are dipped into melted dark chocolate with peppermint extract for this no-bake treat that tastes like a Thin Mint.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper, and set it aside.
- Gently twist each Oreo cookie and, using a spoon or knife, scrape off and discard the creme filling.
- To a double boiler, add the dark chocolate, and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. (If you don't have a double boiler, you can use a glass bowl set on top of a small pot filled with water, bringing it to a boil.)
- Once the chocolate has melted, add in the peppermint extract, and mix well. Remove the chocolate from the heat.
- Using a fork, gently dip each cookie into the warm chocolate, and allow any excess to drip off.
- Place the cookies onto the baking sheet, and allow them to cool until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.