When I have the time in the morning, I skip my usual fast-paced toast, juice and coffee breakfast and instead prepare a more elaborate, complete breakfast.
Free mornings rarely happen to me, but when one does, I make sure breakfast is going to be special and delicious. That doesn’t mean, though, that I’m willing to spend hours preparing it — just a few minutes of precise timing in cooking everything I want to eat in one, single skillet.
This is one of those complete breakfasts that is easy, quick and simple to put together. I have beans, meat, eggs and fruit all cooking in one skillet, and in under half an hour, I’ve got a warm and perfectly delicious meal.
One-skillet breakfast with sausage, beans, roasted grapes and tomatoes recipe
When you can use only one pan, it’s definitely going to be a simple meal. This one-skillet, complete breakfast provides everything from beans to meat to fruit.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 3 sausages, pierced with the tip of a knife
- 1 egg
- 1 cup precooked canned beans (like borlotti, pinto)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh rosemary twig, needles finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small bunch grapes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a griddle or skillet over medium heat, cook the sausages until they are cooked through.
- When they are cooked through, push them to one side of the griddle, and then crack the egg on the other side. Season with salt and pepper.
- At another side of the griddle, cook the beans with the onions and rosemary, season them with salt and pepper, and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the grapes and tomatoes, then drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, and sprinkle them with salt.
- When everything is cooked, serve immediately.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.