Can you eat your way to an orgasm? Probably not, but you can give it a jolly good shake along with this quick and easy salmon pasta recipe.
Don’t believe it? It may sound a bit fishy but foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids — such as salmon — can put your sex life into overdrive. That’s because essential fatty acids are the building blocks of sex hormones in both men and women and help fight the build up of plaque in the arteries, improving circulation and increasing sensation in all sorts of important areas.
“Omega-3 fatty acids help with sexual response, by helping to raise dopamine levels in the brain that trigger arousal,” says Yvonne Fulbright, PhD, a sexologist and author of Pleasuring: The Secrets of Sexual Satisfaction. “They’re important for energy, memory, mood and libido.”
Need more seafood inspiration? Try this superfood-packed seafood and quinoa salad recipe >>
If that weren’t enough, we’ve combined the super libido booster salmon with the sex bomb among vegetables — the humble pea. Rich in provitamin A and vitamin K, the green pea also includes niacin, a B vitamin that dilates blood vessels and helps synthesise sex hormones.
While dinner isn’t going to repair any gaping sexual problems, the benefit of this super-sexy meal is that it comes together in minutes, leaving you and your lover with more time to explore other libido enhancing activities.
Salmon and pea pasta
- 1 packet of fresh fettucini
- 200 grams smoked salmon
- 1 cup of fresh peas, shelled
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of light cream
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
- While the pasta is boiling, pop the peas, cream and stock into a large frypan and cook over a medium heat until the peas turn bright green.
- Take the pan off the heat and toss through the hot, drained pasta until all the pasta is coated and glossy.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and top with the pulled apart smoked salmon and the fresh dill right before serving.