Indulging in a little romance this Valentine’s Day? Don’t blow your diet — here’s a recipe for two delicious cupcakes that will leave you and your lover hungry for more.
Sugar and spice and everything nice
Sometimes you just don’t want a dozen cupcakes. Or maybe you do, but you don’t need them.
Valentine’s Day is a perfect example. Let’s assume for a moment that you’re not cooking for a horde on the most romanitic night of the year but rather just yourself and your loved one. Something sweet to finish the meal is definitely required but there’s the problem of finding a recipe that isn’t going to leave you with a mountain of leftovers.
Enter the cupcake for two recipe. Perfect for couples celebrating a romantic night in or for those nights when you’re in desperate need of something sweet and can’t be trusted with a whole cake.
Sugar and spice cupcakes for two
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 50 grams of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, mixed with 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of icing sugar mixture, sifted
- In a small bowl whisk the egg white and sugar until it is thick and creamy.
- Stir in the slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, flour and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter between two cupcake cases and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees C for 6-10 minutes or until the cupcakes bounce back when touched lightly.
- While the cupcakes are baking, cream the butter and cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth. Sift in the icing sugar, coffee and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- When the cupcakes are done remove them from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Ice when they are cool enough to touch and devour immediately.