Forget slaving over the stove this Christmas. With these fast, healthy and delicious barbecue recipes, you’ll be entertaining and relaxing with ease.
Barbecued salmon with herb crust
Forget the steaks, this salmon dish will have everyone raving.
- 6 single serve salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of lemon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of coriander, chopped
- 100 grams of fresh breadcrumbs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Combine the garlic, oil, lemon thyme, parsley, coriander and breadcrumbs in a bowl and combine.
- Coat the salmon well in the breadcrumb mixture.
- If time is available, refrigerate for one hour to marinate.
- Place the salmon on the barbecue on medium heat for around five minutes with the skin side down.
- Turn and cook for a further five minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Barbecued corn with chilli and lime
A tasty favourite with a difference, add your own herb variations for a different taste.
- 6 corn cobs with husks removed
- 125 grams of butter, softened
- 2 small chillis, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped finely
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine the softened butter, chilli and parsley and mix well.
- Place each cob onto its own piece of aluminium foil, large enough to wrap it fully.
- Cover each cob in the butter and herb mixture.
- Wrap tightly in foil and place onto barbecue.
- Allow each corn cob to cook slowly for around half an hour, turning occasionally.
- Drizzle each cob with lime juice at serving.
Note: Corn cobs can be pre-boiled for 10 minutes to reduce the barbecue cooking time.
Surf and turf garlic skewers
A delicious surf and turf feast that’s quick and easy to prepare and cook.
- 24 green king prawns, shelled with tails in tact
- 12 wooden skewers, pre-soaked in water
- 200 grams of lamb, sliced thinly into strips
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- Combine the olive oil and crushed garlic.
- To assemble skewers, thread a prawn and weave a slice of lamb in alternation.
- Brush each skewer with oil and garlic marinade and place on a plate.
- Cover with cling film and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grill on the barbecue plate, turning often until cooked through.