Your slow cooker is a fantastic tool to help you take the stress out of cooking and achieve beautifully tender dishes for your friends and family. Try these easy recipes for a three-course slow cooker meal tonight!
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fry the bacon and onion in a pan with a splash of oil, then transfer to paper towel to drain. Let cool.
- Grab your slow cooker and fill it with the bacon and onion mixture, a pinch of salt and the two cups of boiling water.
- Close the lid and cook for four to six hours.
- With a handheld mixer or a food processor, puree the cooked ingredients.
- Return to the slow cooker; add the milk, oregano and salt and pepper, then cover and cook on low for a further hour or so.
- Serve soup in individual soup bowls topped with parmesan cheese.
Chilli con carne
- 1 kilogram ground beef
- Olive oil
- 1 can kidney beans
- Red capsicum, diced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sat and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Corn chips
- Sour cream
- Cheese, grated
- Place the beef and oil in a large saucepan and cook until browned.
- Place in the slow cooker.
- Fill the cooker with all remaining ingredients and spices.
- Place the lid on top and cook for approximately six to eight hours or until cooked through.
- Serve with corn chips, sour cream, cheese and coriander.
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 medium pears
- Few pieces of lemon rind
- Whipped cream
- Pour the wine and sugar into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Peel the pears and pop them inside the cooker. Spoon the sugar mixture over the pears so they’re saturated.
- Throw in the lemon peel, place the lid on the cooker and cook on high for about two to three hours. Every now and then, open the lid and spoon the sugar liquid over the pears.
- When tender, remove the pears and place each on a plate with some sauce and a dollop of cream.
more easy dinner ideas
How to have dinner on the table in 10 minutes
Easy dinner party recipes