Peach Sangria is a light yet flavourful party drink that combines frozen peaches, red wine, cinnamon and Granny Smith apples. This punch-like cocktail offers a fresh alternative to the standard beer/wine/sparkling offering at most parties, and even though the base is red wine, it’s not too heavy. In fact, peach sangria is so light and delicious that even those people who don’t like red wine will think this drink is peachy keen!
- 4 bottles of red wine
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 cups sliced frozen peaches
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks, halved
- 3 litres lemon-lime flavoured soft drink
- In a large punch bowl, pour in the red wine, sugar, apples, peaches, bananas and cinnamon sticks.
- Refrigerate for six hours or, if you have the time, overnight.
- Just prior to serving, add the lemon-lime soft drink.
- Add a generous helping of ice and serve!?? Makes 48 servings
More summer cocktails
How to make the perfect summer sangria
How to make the perfect mojito for summer
How to make a tasty low carb margarita