This sweet, succulent and refreshing grilled mango and sweet potato salad is the ideal dish to serve at your next BBQ or summer get-together. The fresh, juicy flavours will have your guests raving about it for weeks to come!
Grilled Mango and Sweet Potato Salad
For the potato salad:
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1 large mango, skin removed
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
For the dressing:
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 4 tbs. fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. grated lime rind
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. caster sugar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a saucepan to a medium heat.
- Chop both the sweet potato and mango flesh into long wedges, around 2cm wide and 1cm thick. Place in separate dishes.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour quarter over the mango and quarter over the sweet potato.
- Use tongs to arrange the sweet potato wedges directly over the grill and leave for 6-8 minutes, until grill marks appear and the bottom sides begin to soften.
- Turn and grill the other side for a further 6 minutes.
- While the second sides are grilling, arrange the mango wedges directly on the grill. Grill lightly for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer all of the mango and sweet potato wedges to a cutting board and cut into cubes.
- Place the cubes into a bowl and toss with the remaining dressing.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on salad plates. Scatter the sweet potato and mango over the lettuce and add a sprinkling of sea salt and finely sliced mint