Summer fruit kebabs
- Icing sugar
- + some long wooden skewers
- Cut the fruit into square chunks, roughly 2cm x 2cm in size. Leave strawberries whole but wash them.
- Place the different fruit chunks into separate bowls.
- Have your kids help you “thread” the fruit chunks onto the kebab sticks, making sure you mix and match so that each kebab becomes a colourful blend of fruit.
- Arrange kebabs on a platter and dust with a light sprinkling of icing sugar.
Cheesey macaroni bake
- 2 cups of macaroni pasta
- 420g can of tomato soup
- 250g diced ham
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a 5cm-deep ovenproof casserole dish.
- Boil macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions.
- Stir together cooked pasta, soup and ham in a large bowl, and empty the mixture into the dish.
- Spread cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serves four.
Next: Pasta With Roast Pumplin Chunks