Sticky date pudding recipe
This recipe is absolutely delicious. Its even got a brown sugar sauce to drizzle over when you're ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- 1 X 3 second spray Always Fresh Olive Oil Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 180 g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp (s) baking soda
- 50 g Canola Spread
- 1/2 cup (s) brown sugar, (110g)
- 2 whole whole egg
- 1 1/2 cup (s) self-raising white flour, (225g)
- 185 ml Nestle Carnation Milk Light and Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup (s) brown sugar, (55g)
- 1 cup (s) low fat vanilla custard, (250ml)
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm x 30cm square slice tin lightly with olive oil. Place the dates and baking soda into a heatproof bowl and pour over 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Using electric beaters, beat the spread, brown sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in flour and the date mixture. Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Combine evaporated milk and extra brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat to dissolve sugar, then bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
Cut into portions and serve warm, drizzled with a little sauce and custard.