Bite-size bacon, jam and havarti sandwiches pack huge flavor
I love bacon and will eat it any way I possibly can. I love it in grilled cheese sandwiches but wanted to get a little bit more creative and make a sandwich that was not only snack size but packed with a variety of flavors.
I baked up my bacon nice and crispy in the oven, then placed it on sweet, mini Hawaiian rolls slathered with a nice spoonful of organic raspberry jam and topped it off with a creamy slice of havarti cheese. Rather than grilling these sliders in a pan with butter, I opted to place them onto a baking sheet and toast them in the oven. These were such a hit with my family and so easy to make, they're perfect for entertaining or just for snacking.
Bacon, raspberry jam and havarti cheese sliders recipe
Sliders served on mini Hawaiian rolls filled with crispy bacon, raspberry jam and creamy havarti cheese.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 12 small Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 12 slices all-natural, nitrate-free bacon (I used Applegate Farms brand)
- 6 slices havarti cheese, cut in half
- 1/2 cup organic, seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a wire rack on the baking sheet. Line a second baking sheet with foil, and set it aside.
- Lightly spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray, and arrange the bacon in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, and then remove it from the oven.
- Slice each dinner roll in half, and spread 1 side of each roll generously with the raspberry jam.
- Once the bacon has cooled, cut each slice in half, and place 1 full slice (2 halves) on each roll. Top with a slice of havarti cheese.
- Arrange the sliders on the second baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and the tops of the sliders are lightly toasted. Remove the sliders from the oven, and garnish them with fresh parsley, if desired. Best served warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I <3 Comfort Food<></3>> page on Facebook.