Chocolate milk pancakes are the perfect special-occasion breakfast
If you have ever enjoyed a tall glass of cold chocolate milk, then this is the perfect recipe for you!
I'm Kelly from Smart School House and I'm thrilled to bring you this super-sweet treat today. It is kid-tested and chocolate-lover approved. Chocolate milk pancakes are for kids and adults alike. Need more convincing? Check out the ooey-gooey goodness below.
Are you an experienced pancake maker? There is one in every house! The recipe is quite simple, but it has a special twist (and a couple of extra ingredients).
- 1-1/4 cup of TruMoo Chocolate Milk (it's dreamy... can be TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plain white sugar
- 1 package of vanilla flavored melting chocolate
- Marshmallows and shaved chocolate (to garnish)
- Additional butter and syrup (optional)
- Non-stick spray
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
Directions for the pancakes:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg and the TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg and chocolate marshmallow milk until it is frothy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and oil.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients (don't over-mix!)
- Warm up your favorite pancake-making griddle on medium heat with a little non-stick spray.
- Pour small amounts of the pancake mixture onto the griddle over medium heat.
- Flip the pancakes when they show small bubbles in the middle.
Directions for the chocolate syrup:
- Melt the vanilla flavored melting chocolate according to the package (super easy in the microwave).
- Place your container of melted chocolate in a bowl with hot water at the bottom. The hot water keeps the melted chocolate melted for easier serving.
These decadent pancakes are perfect for a special morning. Whether a birthday breakfast or a sleepover, they will be a hit.