You’ll like this bit: you need cooked leftover chicken breasts. Of course, you can buy then and grill or roast them, but if they’re already there, why bother? This is a home made version of a popular takeaway or restaurant food: Buffalo Style Chicken Strips… Only yours will be nicer.
Chicken strips — Buffalo style
- 113g of butter
- 120ml of hot sauce, which you can buy in the ethnic section of the supermarket. Try the Caribbean or Tex–Mex sections. Anything with cayenne pepper or jalapeño will do.
- 500g cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
- Blue cheese crumbles to taste , and small handful of chopped fresh chives, to taste
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chicken breast strips and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- If desired, sprinkle crumbled blue cheese and/or chives over the dish. Blue cheese is strong flavour and might not go down well with young children.
Voila! You have a quick and easy Buffalo Style Chicken Strips dinner recipe that will surely please the whole family.