Any room left after that savory meal? Then no warming wintertime menu is complete without a heart-warming dessert that is easily put together from leftovers in your pantry.
Bread and Butter Pudding
- 7 Slices of Bread
- 1-1/2 pints Milk
- 3 beaten eggs
- 110g Sugar
- 110g Raisins and Sultanas
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C: 325F: Gas 3.
- Get a large oven proof baking dish and rub the butter around it.
- Butter each of the slices of bread on one side only.
- Line bottom and sides of the dish with the buttered bread, cover as much of the bowl as possible but try to leave 2 or 3 slices of bread to one side.
- Mix the milk, sugar, eggs, raisins and sultanas, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Once this is done pour the mixture over bread.
- Place the remaining pieces of buttered bread on top, try to submerge these by pressing on them.
- Allow the bread and butter pudding to stand for around 30 minutes.
- Cover the bread and butter pudding and then place in the oven and bake for up to 30 minutes.
- Take off the lid and cook for another 30 minutes until top becomes golden in colour.
Recipe from www.utterlyrecipes.com
Gluten-free goodie of the week: Raisin bread pudding with rum sauce
Bread pudding with white chocolate stout drizzle recipe
15 Gooey bread pudding recipes to dig into this fall
Leave a Comment