If there is one thing I love in the middle of winter, it’s a big mug of hot chocolate. However, this mug of hot chocolate is even more intense because it’s packed with delicious chocolate cream cookies.
Yesterday it snowed 15 inches, and we spent hours outside shoveling snow. When we got back into the house, the first thing we did was reward ourselves with a big mug of this deliciousness. Is there anything better that a steamy mug of hot cocoa?
Cookies-and-cream hot chocolate recipe
Full of rich chocolate and sweet chocolate-and-cream cookies, this hot chocolate is a breeze to make and perfect for cold winter days.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 6 chocolate cream cookies (I used Oreo cookies)
- Whipped cream and crushed cookies, for topping (optional)
- To a medium pot set over medium heat, add the whole milk and chocolate morsels. Cook until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is warmed.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, and add the cookies to the mixture.
- Blend on high until the cookies are mixed into the hot chocolate and the hot chocolate is frothy.
- Serve while still hot, and top with whipped cream and crushed cookies, if desired.
Learn how to up your hot chocolate game with tons of easy flavor combinations.
More hot chocolate recipes
Pumpkin hot chocolate
Green tea white hot chocolate
Dark hot chocolate with cognac
Leave a Comment