GF Friday: Whip up this paleo, gluten-free dough for your next pizza night
I so look forward to pizza night. I mean, who doesn't love pizza? We tend to order out, but we also love making pizza night a family affair by making homemade versions too. Since trying to cut gluten and white flour from our diets, I began playing around with different flours and came up with this easy and paleo-friendly pizza dough.
In this recipe, I used both almond and coconut flours, and the result was anything but boring. This dough turned out soft, fluffy and delicious, and it is even gluten-free.
Top with fresh tomato sauce, cheese and any or all of your favorite pizza toppings. Since strict paleo recipes do not use any dairy, you can omit the cheese on your pizza, if desired.
Paleo and gluten-free pizza dough recipe
This delicious homemade pizza dough made from almond, coconut and tapioca flours is gluten-free and paleo-friendly.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (plus more for rolling the dough)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup warmed plain almond or coconut milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 2 whole organic eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, tapicoca flour, garlic powder and salt.
- To the flour mixture, add the olive oil, the warmed nondairy milk and the eggs. Mix very well until the dough is soft and fluffy.
- Turn the dough out onto a large surface lightly dusted with extra tapioca flour.
- Gently knead the dough until it is no longer sticky and can be rolled out.
- Roll the dough out into the desired thickness but being careful to not make it too thin (or it will break).
- Bake the pizza dough for about 15 minutes, until it's firm and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and set aside until ready to prepare your pizza.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.