It’s 2015 and you’ve committed to making this your best year yet. You’re going to eat right, exercise and take care of your health like never before. But it’s February, it’s cold out there and you want warm comfort food. You’re also a busy woman, always on the go and you need easy-to-make recipes. Is it simply too much to ask?
Thankfully, there are recipes out there that meet all these needs and more. You may have heard of “golden milk” or “turmeric milk,” as it is making the rounds in all the healthy eating circles lately. Turmeric is reported to have many health benefits, including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and is popular in Ayurvedic folk remedies. Golden milk is one of these. The bright golden color and the exotic, earthy undertones warm you right down to your toes.
And it can be made all the better with unsweetened Silk® cashewmilk. If you’re avoiding dairy or watching your carbs, cashewmilk is the perfect alternative. It is wonderfully creamy and free of dairy, soy, gluten and many other things you may be cutting out of your diet. It also comes in at only 1 gram of carbs per cup, versus the 10 to 12 grams in regular cow’s milk. Golden milk and cashewmilk are a match made in heaven. If you feel like making an indulgence out of it, add a dollop of coconut whipped cream for a rich, comforting treat.
Golden cashewmilk with turmeric recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened Silk® cashewmilk
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dollop of lightly sweetened coconut whipped cream (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cashewmilk, sweetener, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and pepper.
- Bring to just a simmer, then stir in vanilla extract and pour into two mugs. Garnish with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored collaboration between SheKnows and Silk. All opinions are 100% my own.