What’s better after a long day out than coming home to a simple and easy-to-prepare dinner recipe?
Nights can be a super-busy time around our home, and I need meals that get on the table sooner rather than later.
This easy one-dish casserole uses diced rotisserie chicken breast along with rice and condensed soup. The soup and Italian salad dressing combined makes the sauce really flavorful and leaves the chicken and rice tender without any worry of it getting dried out. This is wonderfully easy, and the best part is that the whole family will love it. You can also add basically any vegetable to this dish; just make sure to dice it into smaller, bite-sized pieces to ensure it cooks completely.
Easy one-dish Italian chicken and rice casserole recipe
Rotisserie chicken breast is diced and baked up into this easy Italian-inspired casserole complete with fresh tomatoes, herbs and rice.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked white, brown or jasmine rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom or onion soup
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2-1/4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, diced
- 2-3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the dish, combine the uncooked rice, cream of mushroom soup, salad dressing mix and the milk, and mix the ingredients well.
- Add the diced chicken, tomatoes and onions on top of the rice.
- Cover the casserole with a lid or foil, and place into the oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40 to 45 minutes or until the rice is completely cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Best served warm.
For tons of great recipes, like our I page on Facebook.